||Lawyer, Legal Services
||According to Experience
||Permanent / Full Time
An unparalleled opportunity is available to you to demonstrate your talents in commercial real estate within a dynamic organization recognized as the leader in its field and for its entrepreneurial culture. If you enjoy working in a stimulating business environment while being recognized for your teamwork and sense of responsibility, we would like to meet with you.
Reporting to the Manager, Legal Services, the successful candidate will act as legal advisor in commercial real estate transactions as well as at corporate levels and/or other related files.
- Act as Legal Advisor in commercial, office, industrial and institutional real estate transactions as well as at corporate levels and/or any other related files;
- Elaborate negotiation strategies;
- Participate in negotiations of various transactions;
- Provide advice, recommendations and/or opinions on legal aspects of transactions and other related files;
- Prepare, analyse, revise, write and negotiate legal documentation, such as offers, amendments, leases, assignments and sublease, purchase and sale agreements and other related legal documentation;
- Conduct legal and factual research;
- Write legal opinions and memorandums;
- Maintain follow-ups on last jurisprudence developments, on laws and regulations in sectors relevant to commercial and corporate real estate and/or any related fields.
- Analyse and comment jurisprudence with regards to the diverse aspects of the law on brokerage and other fields of activity;
- Participate in the due diligence verification of diverse real estate transactions;
- Assist team meetings, client strategies’ meetings and recommendations to clients;
- Elaborate negotiation strategies;
- Prepare training sessions and participate in presenting these to the members of the brokerage and corporate services teams.
- Assist the Manager, Legal Services with standard legal documentation used by the company, in particular by keeping standards up-to-date, in French and English, according to the various sources of law (jurisprudence, laws and regulations) with regards to the commercial practices and policies adopted by the company;
- Participate, upon request, to diverse activities connected to the real estate field and develop business opportunities for Advisory and Legal Services Team.
- Member of the Quebec Bar with 3 to 5 years of experience in commercial real estate;
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial, dynamic and constantly evolving environment;
- Ability to find solutions in accordance with the law in force, for practical problems and which will lead to informed, analyzed and supported decisions;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in French and English;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work at all levels of an organization;
- Knowledge of federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations related to real estate brokerage and corporate real estate;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Great ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to produce quality documents within tight deadlines and simultaneously manage several projects;
- Attention to detail, thoroughness and attention to detail;
- Great business sense;
- Experience in common law, corporate law, construction and environmental law would be an asset;
Send your resume, today, to our recruitment representative.
Those interested in applying are welcome to submit their candidacy to:
Vice-President, Human Resources and Talent Management
Only selected candidates will be contacted