||Lease Administration Team Leader
||According to Experience
If you like working in a challenging environment and being recognized for your contribution to work as a member of a dynamic team, if you have strong client service skills , a good business acumen, and are looking for continuous development , we would like to meet you. Devencore is looking for a Lease Administration Team Leader.
The successful candidate will provide strategic leadership of the Lease Administration Team in order to deliver lease administration and database services to a number of clients of our Corporate Services and Advisory division.
- Supervision of the Lease Administration Team by sharing ideas, providing direction on a daily basis and implementing new processes and/or tools that promote productivity and improve client processes.
- Organize and participate to team meetings on a pre-determined regular basis and maintain open lines of communication with the Lease Administration Team to develop new ideas or address operational issues.
- Manage the workload of each lease administrator and of the group and ensure that all team members use all the available tools for monitoring all client requests.
- Proceed with periodic performance analysis of the Lease Administration Team and provide recommendations to management as it applies to improvements to the tools or to the managing processes that are currently in place.
- Participate in internal database development meetings.
- Make database programming requests and ensuing follow-ups with Devencore’s internal programmers.
- Receive communications and requests from different clients and coordinate accordingly or delegate to the appropriate lease administrator.
- Working closely with clients in order to create more efficient and effective processes to continuously improve services offered.
- Participate in presentations for current and prospective clients and trainings offered to clients.
- Contribute to special projects, according to the client’s different needs.
- Responsible to oversee databases for certain clients:
- Management of renewal and termination of existing leases;
- Update the database as per the lease documentation;
- Validation of rent rolls;
- Validation of rent payments and year-end adjustment invoices;
- Management of budget and lease commitments for all clients;
- Processing and approval of municipal tax invoices ;
- Process and approve energy invoices received from landlords or authorities having jurisdiction.
- Updating of scanned documents on file;
- Analyze and approve landlord invoices (year-end and others);
- Review and process rent increase notice letters;
- Billing and monitoring of tenant inducements;
- Preparation of ad hoc reports for operational purposes;
- IFRS 16 : Prepare and validate leasing liabilities calculations and right of use (ROU) asset, including amortization tables and journal entries.
- Maintain open lines of communication with the accounting department to validate the different IFRS 16 reports. Follow-up to ensure a timely delivery of the reports, on or prior to the date agreed upon with client.
- Preparation/validation of estoppels certificates;
- Offer technical support to account managers when required;
- Interface with landlords, developers, accountants and attorneys on a regular basis;
- Maintain on a daily basis professional relationships with landlords and clients.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Five (5) to eight (8) years of experience in a Lease Administration position.
- College and/or University degree in Accounting or Business with strong Accounting experience.
- Knowledge of the IFRS 16 Accounting Standard ability to perform leasing liabilities and rights of use (ROU) calculations.
- Ability to manage and to motivate a team to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Ability to handle several tasks concurrently and meet tight deadlines.
- Capabilities to adapt to different processes, based on client’s needs.
- Independent, resourceful, with a good capacity for teamwork in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to analyze data and prepare various reports.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel) is mandatory.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills, excellent negotiation and presentation skills in both French and English.
- Experience in a role of Lease Administration Supervisor or Manager would be an asset
Founded in 1972, with national coverage, Devencore is the largest privately-owned corporate real estate brokerage and advisory firm in Canada. We offer comprehensive services that are specifically designed to ensure that all real estate decisions are supported by effective real estate strategies and professional execution.
Devencore’s strength lies in its ability to understand its clients’ objectives, react quickly to the client’s needs, yet providing creative and effective solutions that address any particular situation. Each and every member of Devencore systematically applies the principles upon which the Company’s philosophy is based, namely to fully use every available resource to best serve clients and satisfy their needs.
Devencore has offices and addresses in Montréal, as well as in Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax, Québec City and Victoria. Through a strategic partnership with Transwestern Commercial Services, Devencore has extended its integrated commercial real estate services capabilities across North America to serve clients globally.
Those interested in applying are welcome to submit their candidacy to:
Vice-President, Human Resources and Talent Management
In the text, masculine gender includes feminine and is used without discrimination in order to simplify the text.
Only selected candidates will be contacted