POSITION: PROJECT MANAGER - COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE
LOCATION: DOWNTOWN MONTREAL
HOURLY RATE: DEPENDANT OF LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE
START DATE: IMMEDIATE
Under the Vice-President, Project and Facility Management’s direction, the Project Manager is responsible to lead from start to finish, all aspects of our clients’ real estate requirements, including the planning and coordination of engineering and design phases, the development and construction of leasehold improvements (offices, industrial and retail locations), move and furniture coordination, IT and telecom setup, coordination of tendering processes, LEED certification coordination, etc.
- A complete construction/renovation/fit-up project, including team preparation and organization as well as monitoring timelines;
- On behalf of the client, project planning meetings such as design, engineering, information technology, general contractors, furniture, signage and specialized equipments;
- Develop and produce tender packages in various areas;
- Tenders followed by the preparation of a comparative results grid and make recommendations to clients;
- Design, architecture and engineering, development plans and construction specifications;
- Enter and monitor project costs in the database;
- Review invoices and make payment recommendations to clients;
- Track change orders and addenda, analyze any related costs, negotiate and make recommendations to clients;
- Carry out construction site inspections and report back to the clients, and assure project supervision;
- Move coordination;
- IT and Telecom infrastructure coordination;
- Coordination with LEED consultants;
- Thorough monitoring of communications between stakeholders, including clients;
- Prepare reports on the progress of work for clients; and manage the correction of deficiencies;
- Advise clients on best practices in property and facilities management;
- Gather and organize final project documentation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CONDITIONS:
Minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience related to the tenant coordination, construction industry, project management or property management;
Degree in a relevant professional field would be preferable;
Excellent organizational skills, ability to multitask and prioritize;
Ability to plan and coordinate the monitoring of projects;
Attention to details;
Ability to exercise full autonomy;
Demonstrate discipline and effectiveness at work;
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French as well as in English;
Strong and dedicated belief in client service with professional interpersonal skills;
Natural leadership capacity;
Maintain throughout employment contract a valid driver's license in order to travel frequently throughout the territory of the Greater Montreal Area and other remote areas as needed;
Proficient in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Access, MS Project).
A CAREER AT DEVENCORE WILL HELP YOU GAIN NEW GROUND
Founded in 1972, with national coverage, Devencore is the largest privately owned corporate real estate brokerage and advisory firm in Canada. We offer comprehensive services that are specifically designed to ensure that all real estate decisions are supported by effective real estate strategies and professional execution.
Devencore’s strength lies in its ability to understand its clients’ objectives, react quickly to the client’s needs, yet providing creative and effective solutions that address any situation. Each and every member of Devencore systematically applies the principles upon which the Company’s philosophy is based, namely to fully use every available resource to best serve clients and satisfy their needs.
Devencore has offices in Toronto, Montréal and Vancouver, as well as affiliated offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Moncton, Halifax, Québec City and Victoria.
Those interested in applying are welcome to submit their candidacy to:
Vice-President, Human Resources and Talent Management
Only selected candidates will be contacted